Summer is here! And you know what that means? It’s time to dust off your camping gear, pack up the grill, and start pitching your tent!
As a grilling company, you can imagine we take any excuse to grill, and when it comes to camping, it’s the perfect opportunity to do just that.
Grilling aside (for now), there’s a lot we love about camping. We love sleeping under the stars and waking up beside a river to the smell of a fresh pot of coffee brewing over an open fire. We look forward to waking up to a day where nothing is planned, and we can go about doing whatever we feel like. Fishing, hiking, swimming, floating downstream, playing catch with the kids, campfire stories, and naps — just think of all the naps you could have! A camping trip is really something to look forward to, with amazing stress-free activities to enjoy with your people while cooking and eating like kings off the KUDU Grill.
Delicious Meals for Every Outdoor Adventure
When people think of camping, gourmet food is usually not part of the package. Well, we’ve changed that mindset! With KUDU Grills, it’s all about the food; the rest of the awesomeness just falls in place.
Fully portable, without compromising on size and height, the KUDU Grill comes with a full-sized grill at a non-back-breaking heigh. It also includes multiple accessories making your grill a fully kitted outdoor kitchen. Here are some recipes you can look forward to cooking on your next camping trip:
Crispy Bacon Banana Pancakes
Nothing beats a fluffy, warm, dripping with maple syrup topped with bacon and banana pancake. Paired with the first-morning coffee, we’re off to an incredible start to the day.
- Whisk milk, egg, and vanilla in a jug until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, bicarbonate of soda, and sugar.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and add the milk mixture and melted butter. Whisk until well combined.
- Grease the KUDU Cast Iron Pan with unsalted butter.
- For each pancake, spoon a ladle of the mixture into the KUDU Cast Iron Pan. Make sure a gap is left between each pancake. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- While your pancakes cook, add the bacon to the grill grate.
- Fry the slices of banana in between your pancakes as you cook.
- Once your pancakes are cooked to golden brown, top them with grilled banana, crispy bacon, and a drizzle, or pool, of maple syrup.
Baby Back Ribs
This is it! A full-proof recipe for the most delicious baby-back pork ribs that are fall-off-the-bone tender with barbecue sauce and a dry rub cooked and smoked on the grill.
- Combine all the dry rub ingredients in a small bowl. Coat each rack of pork ribs evenly with the rub, then wrap tightly with 2 to 3 layers of foil.
- Place ribs on the grill grate over medium heat and cook for 1 hour, turning twice to ensure even cooking.
- Take the ribs off the heat and let rest for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and discard any liquids.
- Drain wood chips and scatter them over the coals. Once smoking, return the ribs to the grill bone side down and, using a brush, baste the top of the ribs with barbecue sauce. Cook covered with the smoker lid for 10 – 12 minutes until glaze is charred in spots.
Tangy Spicy Chicken Wings
Finger-licking good; this chicken wing recipe will have your mouth burning for more!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon zest, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and cayenne. Pat chicken wings dry and place in a large bowl. Add spice mixture and toss to coat.
- Add the chicken wings to the grill grate over medium heat and grill until the skin is crispy on both sides and the meat is cooked through (about 15-20 minutes).
- For the dipping sauce, in a medium bowl, whisk together mayo, lemon juice, mustard, horseradish, chives, and hot sauce.
- Serve wings hot with dipping sauce.
Pineapple Bacon Cheeseburger
- Our grilled pineapple bacon cheeseburgers with all the toppings will hit the lunch menu spot while you slow-cook something flavorful over the campfire for the night’s main course.
- Pack your ground beef into 1-inch patties. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add the burger patties and bacon to the grill over medium heat. Let the burgers cook for about 5 minutes, and the bacon cook till slightly crisp.
- On the grill, cover each patty with a slice of cheese. Remove the bacon and set aside in your skillet. Cover the patties with the smoker lid for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Once done, set aside with the bacon.
- Add the pineapple slices to the grill and cook till slightly charred. Add the pineapple to the top of your cheesy burger patty.
- Toast your buns on the grill. Fill each toasted bun with a pineapple bacon cheese patty.
- Leave all the toppings aside for everyone to build their burger!
Prime Rib Roast
Prime rib – the king of all beef cuts! This recipe calls for a flavorful herb of rub that sets a lovely crust to roast over the KUDU Rotisserie. What makes this roast special is the beautiful marbling, the richness, the juices, and the tenderness.
- Place prime rib roast onto a large cutting board. Combine seasoning ingredients and spread over roast.
- Place the rib roast bone-side down. If you are using a boneless rib roast, place it on its side. Lift the roast from the ends and rotate it to find its approximate center.
- Using a long, thin blade knife, cut through the center end to end.
- Run the rotisserie skewer through the hole and secure it with the rotisserie forks.
- Attach the rotisserie to the elevation bar. Adjust the rotisserie to the position you want it cooked over the grill.
- Cook until the internal temperature reaches at least 120 F (140 F for medium done), about 3 to 4 hours.
Love to cook out? Join the KUDU life and take your grill camping, tailgating, to the beach, to the park, or to grandma’s house. Built to travel with you, the KUDU Grill allows you to travel and adventure with a taste of home.